11KBW provides the gold standard in barrister-led investigations. Our Investigations Team includes both practising and non-practising members. All members have the specialist skills and knowledge required to ensure that an investigation is impartial, rigorous, fair and sensitive to our clients’ needs.
Members are able to draw on their legal and sector-specific knowledge across our practice areas. This means that they can navigate any issues that may arise, from privilege and data protection to overlapping regulatory or criminal proceedings. They are experienced in appropriate questioning of witnesses. All our members bring a deep understanding of both public and private sector organisations.
Members of the Investigations Team regularly lead and assist investigations of all kinds. Our investigations range from high-profile to highly confidential, from large-scale and lengthy to targeted and urgent. Examples of some of our recent investigations include:
- The Sue Gray investigation into “Partygate”
- the investigation into the circumstances leading to the resignation of Cressida Dick as the Chief of the Metropolitan Police
- the FA investigation into historic child sexual abuse in football
- a major whistleblowing investigation for a Government department in relation to procurement
- an investigation for a major national company into claims regarding their IT system
- an investigation into a sensitive child protection matter for a private boarding school
- an investigation for a regulator in relation to allegations that a staff member had an undisclosed conflict of interest