11KBW’s education law practice has an outstanding reputation. We are the sole top tier set in the Chambers & Partners legal directory.
We act for a wide variety of clients, across the complete range of education disputes, from nursery to university.
As part of our well-established public and employment law groups, 11KBW members have advised and represented schools, local authorities, academies, colleges, universities, and examination boards, as well as pupils, students and their families, unions, and teachers. Our expertise means that we regularly act on behalf of appeal panels, government departments and other public bodies such as OFSTED. The full panoply of public, private and third sector clients rely on our specialist experience in the education sector.
We appear in all courts, tribunals and domestic panels in which education law issues arise. 11KBW barristers have played a leading role in some of the most high-profile education cases of recent years, including the Building Schools for the Future litigation and the GCSE English legal challenge. Members of 11KBW edit and write the leading education law blog, providing regular updates about developments in education law. If you wish to be sent the latest issue or to subscribe to the update then please email Claire.Halas@11kbw.com.
- Admissions and exclusions
- Discrimination, human rights, and equalities claims – including disability, sex, religion, race, and the public sector equality duty
- Special educational needs disputes
- School organisation
- School governance and finance
- All school staffing and employment issues
- Claims in the private and higher education sector
- School inspection, registration, LA intervention
- Examination disputes
- Other education-related disputes including negligence claims, school transport, education outside school, attendance