Jonathan Auburn and Joanne Clement are experienced barristers at 11KBW specialising in local authority (LA) service provision, particularly in adult social care, mental capacity, mental health and LA governance. They have examined the Coronavirus Bill in detail as it progressed through Parliament, and have advised on its operation on the main areas of LA service provision.
Due to exceptional demand, we have now decided to run a distinct seminar for those practising in Wales. This seminar will focus on the changes made by the Act to Welsh legislation and its impact on Welsh local authorities.
COVID-19 and social care:
• effect of the Act on LA social care: assessments, planning, provision
• the new threshold for delivery
• NHS cooperation; LAs assisting hospitals to release bed space
• assessment and delivery of social care without contact
• DOLS: assessments and authorisations
COVID-19 and education, SEN:
• effect of the Act & Welsh Ministers guidance on education provision
• “key workers” – scope of provision, LA / school decision-making
• mainstream & SEN: school closures and education off-site
• SEN: when it is not possible to deliver EHC plan provision
COVID-19 and LA governance:
• new rules for conduct of meetings
• LA continued funding of suppliers
DATE: 2 April 2020
TIME: 10:00am – 11.00am
If you have already registered in response to the initial email, please could you re-register here to confirm that you wish to attend the WELSH version of the seminar.
Register in advance for this webinar click here.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This webinar is free of charge.
This webinar is hosted by ZOOM. Please see ZOOM’s website for their terms and conditions.
11KBW reserve the right at any time and without prior notice to change the time and date, speakers or programme. We also reserve the right in our absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel the conference.