Date: Wednesday 21st September 2022
Time: 10:00 – 11:00
In July the DoE made important changes to the statutory exclusions guidance and other linked policies. This webinar will examine those changes, including –
- directions for education off-site;
- notifications of exclusions or suspensions;
- cancellation of exclusions;
- participation of pupils in the suspension or exclusions process; and
- the role of the social worker in the exclusions process;
- In addition, the webinar will also consider the exclusion of children with SEN, children from racial minorities, and the use of separation or isolation.
Jonathan Auburn KC specialises in public law, judicial review and local government, with a specialism in education law. He has appeared in numerous judicial review claims concerning education and exclusions, including the recent leading case on mandatory off-site education, R (CHF and CHM) v Newick School  ELR 24. Jonathan regularly acts for and advises local authorities, Central Government and representative organisations such as the LGA.
Register in advance for this webinar:
If you would like to register in advance for this webinar, please email RSVP@11kbw.com.
The webinar is free of charge.
Please note these webinars are hosted by Zoom. Please see Zoom’s website for their terms and conditions.