Jonathan Auburn and Joanne Clement are experienced barristers at 11KBW specialising in local authority (LA) service provision, particularly in adult social care, mental capacity, mental health and LA governance. They have examined the Coronavirus Bill in detail as it progresses through Parliament, and have advised on its operation on the main areas of LA service provision.
COVID-19 and social care:
- effect of the Act on LA social care: assessments, planning, provision
- the new threshold for delivery
- NHS cooperation; LAs assisting hospitals to release bed space
- assessment and delivery of social care without contact
- DOLS: assessments and authorisations
COVID-19 and education, SEN:
- effect of the Act & DfE guidance on education provision
- “key workers” – scope of provision, LA / school decision-making
- mainstream & SEN: school closures and education off-site
- SEN: when it is not possible to deliver EHC plan provision
COVID-19 and LA governance:
- new rules for conduct of meetings
- LA continued funding of suppliers
You can ask questions of the speakers during the live webcast.
Duration: 1 hour
Register in advance for this live and interactive webcast:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the live and interactive webcast.
This webcast is free of charge.
11KBW reserve the right at any time and without prior notice to change the time and date, speakers or programme. We also reserve the right in our absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel the conference.