Jonathan Auburn and Joanne Clement are experienced barristers at 11KBW specialising in local authority service provision, particularly in adult social care, education, mental capacity, mental health and local authority governance. They have examined in detail the provisions of the Coronavirus Act 2020, associated regulations and guidance, and have been advising both local authorities and claimants on a wide range of practical issues concerning the implementation of the new measures.
Following their highly successful seminars on social care and education/SEN generally, they are now looking in more depth at two pressing and complicated topics in social care provision.
Care Act easements
- The Act and DHSC guidance; steps to take to implement easements
- Stage 3: “streamlining” of decision-making, “proportionate assessment and planning”
- Stage 4: prioritising and resource allocation
- Human rights assessments and compliance with minimum standards
- Use of allied professionals, self-assessments and remote communication
- Areas of uncertainty & pitfalls to implementation
The MCA and DOLS during the Coronavirus pandemic
- DHSC guidance published on 9 April 2020
- When are individuals being deprived of liberty?
- A proportionate response?
- Conducting assessments
- Urgent authorisations
Register in advance for this webinar:
If you would like to register in advance for this webinar, please email RSVP@11kbw.com
This webinar is free of charge
This webinar is hosted by Zoom. Please see their website for their terms and conditions