11KBW has a long history of expertise in public and administrative law. We bring and defend public law litigation inventively and tenaciously.
We provide clear advice with an eye on the wider picture and the wider interests at stake - whether commercial, employment or human rights.
11KBW prides itself on having the broadest client base; from individual claimants and non-governmental organisations, to private companies, to government departments, regulators, local authorities and other public bodies of all types. Our barristers include members of all levels of the Attorney-General’s Panel of Counsel (click here to see panel members).
Our unrivalled breadth of experience means that our members consistently appear in the leading cases across the full range of public law issues. We appear in both domestic and international Courts, at every level of the court and tribunal system. We are regularly instructed in high-profile public law challenges, including claims which require urgent applications for interim relief, and which involve complex issues of international, EU or human rights law, and claims in the commercial sphere.
- Commercial judicial review
- Community care & social services
- Compulsory competitive tendering and public authority contracts
- Court of Protection work
- Criminal law decisions such as search and seizure, decisions whether to prosecute, public interest immunity
- Discrimination, including the public sector equality duty
- Education law
- Elections and governance
- Employment by public authorities
- Environmental law
- Freedom of information and data protection
- Health services
- Housing including housing associations
- Immigration and asylum
- Local government including local government finance
- Mental capacity and mental health law
- Public inquiries
- Public international law
- Regulation of financial services, public authority contracts
- Social security
- Tax and revenue